Our Local Governing Body
Interim Local Board of Governors
Ms Jacqueline Waters-Dewhurst (Chair)
Mr David Clements
Mr Jeremy Woolner
Mrs Alison Flack
Mrs Rachael Walker
Mrs Emma Adie
Mr Chris Mackman
Mrs Vanessa Cook
What we do
The Governing body is responsible for the strategic management of our school and makes decisions about a wide range of issues, including:
- Ensuring accountability
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the Head Teacher
- Monitoring and evaluating the school’s progress
- Budgetary allocation and control
- Planning for the long term future of the school
- Setting the school’s aims and values
- Appointing senior members of staff including the Head Teacher
The Local Governing Board meets six times a year. It does not operate any committees.Due to the rapid progress made during the academic year, LAAT have now returned full delegated authority to the ILB. Please see the Scheme of Delegation for more information.
How are Governors appointed
There are several different groups responsible for appointing governors, although once appointed all governors essentially perform the same role.
- Community governors are intended to represent the community served by the school and are appointed by the governing body itself.
- Authority governors are appointed by the Local Authority of the school.
- Parent governors usually have children at the school and have been elected to join the governing body by the parents. If it is not possible to fill a parent vacancy this way the governing body may appoint parents of children at other schools.
- Foundation governors, appointed through the church.
- Staff governors are elected on to the governing body by staff at the school.
|Name||Relationship to members of staff||Declared business or other interest||Date of Appointment||Term of Office||Body who Appointed Them|
|David Clements||Director of BG Lincoln (Ltd)
Trustee of BGU Lincoln
Trustee of Parish Church of St Mary & St Nicholas, Spalding
|Rachael Walker||None||None||01/09/17||1 Year||LAAT|
|Alison Flack||None||Executive Head Teacher at Whaplode CofE Primary||01/09/17||1 Year||LAAT|
|Vanessa Cook||None||VC Business Management and Support, Foundation Governor at Whaplode CofE||01/09/17||1 Year||LAAT|
|Emma Adie||None||Head of School and Staff Governor at Whaplode CofE Primary||01/09/17||1 Year||LAAT|
|Chris Mackman||None||Chair of Governors at Whaplode CofE Primary||01/09/17||1 Year||LAAT|
|Jacqueline Waters-Dewhurst||None||Diocesan Director of Education; LAAT Chief Executive Officer; St Lawrence Academy - Director||01/09/17||1 Year||LAAT|