Our Local Governing Body
What we do
The Governing body is responsible for the strategic management of our school and makes decisions about a wide range of issues, including:
- Ensuring accountability
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the Head Teacher
- Monitoring and evaluating the school’s progress
- Budgetary allocation and control
- Planning for the long term future of the school
- Setting the school’s aims and values
- Appointing senior members of staff including the Head Teacher
The Local Governing Board meets six times a year. It does not operate any committees.
How are Governors appointed
There are several different groups responsible for appointing governors, although once appointed all governors essentially perform the same role.
- Community governors are intended to represent the community served by the school and are appointed by the governing body itself.
- Authority governors are appointed by the Local Authority of the school.
- Parent governors usually have children at the school and have been elected to join the governing body by the parents. If it is not possible to fill a parent vacancy this way the governing body may appoint parents of children at other schools.
- Foundation governors, appointed through the church.
- Staff governors are elected on to the governing body by staff at the school.
|Name||Relationship to members of staff||Declared business or other interest|
|David Clements||Director of BG Lincoln (Ltd)
Trustee of BGU Lincoln
Trustee of Parish Church of St Mary & St Nicholas, Spalding
|Alison Flack||None||Executive Head Teacher at Whaplode CofE Primary|
|Vanessa Cook||None||VC Business Management and Support, Foundation Governor at Whaplode CofE|
|Emma Adie||None||Head of School and Staff Governor at Whaplode CofE Primary|
|Chris Mackman||None||Chair of Governors at Whaplode CofE Primary|