PE and Sport Premium Funding
In April 2013 the Government announced that it would be providing additional funding to improve the provision of PE and sport in primary schools. This funding has been available to schools since the start of academic year 2013-2014. This initiative has been devised to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport across primary schools. Ideally, this will in turn promote healthy lifestyle choices and give children the opportunities to reach the performance levels they are capable of.
At Weston St Mary (Church of England) Primary School we will be allocating the funding in the following ways:
- Employing qualified coach to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in sport, specifically PE and Swimming.
- Begin to develop a PE Partnership with other local Primary Schools, to promote competition within peer groups, throughout the school.
- Enhancement of extra-curricular clubs with the emphasis on encouraging our less active children to participate.
- Early establishment of sports teams to ensure skills progression and production of a more effective and competitive squad.
- Establishing partnerships with local community sports clubs to enable children to experience a wider variety of activities.
- Recognising and supporting children who are Able, Gifted and Talented in PE and sports.
- Attend Agilitas Sports school competitions