Clerical Assistant required for Whaplode Primary School
Would you like to be part of a team who aim to inspire and encourage our children to believe in their ability to succeed through learning?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated part time Clerical Assistant to join our popular village school (Whaplode CofE Primary School) during September 2018. The appointment would be for 12 hours 30 minutes per week and would be considered permanent, subject to the relevant probationary periods.
Whaplode Primary School is part of the Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust (LAAT); therefore, the role would be an employee of the LAAT and could be employed across both of our schools. The salary would be reflective of the role at Scale Point 11 (£15,513 FTE) and the number of weeks worked per year would be 39.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are self-motivated and show initiative.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Can remain focused in a busy environment
- Will be able to work as part of a team to achieve the very best for our children.
- Have a sense of humour.
- To carry out data input utilising word, excel and other associated software
- To assist in creating materials to support teaching and learning
- To carry out filing and stocktaking
- To carry out photocopying
- To assist the arrangement of routine in school activities such as medical/dental examinations, school photographs, induction evenings etc
- To assist with the general administration of school trips and assist collecting money from students
- To be the first point of contact for parents and external visitors
- Any other duties that maybe required from time to time within the general scope of the post
- In return, we can offer you an excellent training package with many opportunities to develop your career:
- Working with fantastic children who want to have fun and learn
- Develop your skills and contribute to the on-going development of our successful academy
- Join a very professional and able staff team
Visits to both schools are more than welcome and are encouraged.
Closing date – Wednesday, 27th June 2018
Short listing will take place – Friday, 29th June 2018
Interviews to be conducted on or about the Friday, 6th July 2018
Application forms and supporting documents can be downloaded above.
The LAAT promotes diversity and wants a workforce, which reflects Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The LAAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.